Recently Dr. Oz recommended some fat burning supplements. These supplements were Chitosan, Calcium Pyruvate, and 800mg GLA.
Carla, an audience member, told Dr Oz that she hated her mid-section and would like to lose it forever. (Welcome to my world!) Carla stated that she exercised, did pilates, walked and even watched what she ate, however it was difficult with kids. (Did you notice kids are always the go to excuse for not losing weight? Darn kids! LOL!) She told Dr Oz that if she could lose just one part of her body, it would definitely be the tummy region.
Dr Oz Talks About GLA Gamma Linolenic Acid
1. GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)- GLA helps to reduce inflammation and convinces fat cells to get rid of the fat. For maximum benefits, take 800 mg per day.
Life Extension Mega GLA - 299mg per Serving - Buy for Only $14.62
Doctor Oz asked Carla which product she would prefer to use and Carla asked if she could take all 3. (Haha! But seriously, can you take all 3 products together?!? Please...) Dr Oz suggested taking GLA for a month to see if it worked for you. There are no side effects with GLA, plus, it contains an anti-inflammatory.
Dr Oz Talks About Calcium Pyruvate Supplements
2. Calcium Pyruvate: Calcium pyruvate is naturally occurring in the body. It helps to release the fat instead of store it. You can purchase this product for $15 online and in health stores. For maximum benefits, take 1000 mg before meals.
- NOW Foods Calcium Pyruvate
- Buy for Only $10.99
Dr Oz Talks About Chitosan Supplements
3. Chitosan- This is located on the skins of shrimp, which coincidentally also contain calcium. Chitosan acts like a barrier in the intestines. You can purchase this product for $10 online and in health stores. For maximum benefits, take 1000mg per day with a large glass of water before every meal.
- NOW Foods Chitosan
- 500mg Per 3 Caps (Dr. Oz recommends 1000mg per day)