Mood Take Care®
New Chapter's Formula for Mood Take care promotes a healthy well being.
- Modulates serotonin levels
- Promotes balanced brain chemistry to support positive emotional health
- Potency Assured™ for hyperforins and hypericins
Mood Take Care by New Chapter provides the finest available supercritical extract of St. John's Wort and is potency assured for hyperforin and hypericins.
Studies have shown that St. John's wort may reduce symptoms in people with mild-to-moderate but not severe (or major) depression.SJW seems to work as well as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a popular type of antidepressant that doctors often prescribe first to treat depression.
Additonal/Alternative uses for St. John's Wort
St. John's wort has also shown promise in treating the following conditions, a few of which are related to depression.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS): St. John's wort may help relieve physical and emotional symptoms of PMS in some women, including cramps, irritability, food cravings, and breast tenderness.
- Menopause: Two studies suggest that St. John's wort, combined with black cohosh, helps improve mood and anxiety during menopause.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD): Used alone, St. John's wort has improved mood in people with SAD, a type of depression that occurs during the winter months because of lack of sunlight. SAD is usually treated with light therapy, and there is some evidence that using St. John's wort together with phototherapy works even better.
- Eczema, wounds, minor burns, hemorrhoids: St. John's wort has antibacterial properties and may also help fight inflammation.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder, social phobia: A study found that taking St. John's wort 450 mg two times a day for 12 weeks improved OCD symptoms. But two other studies found that St. John' s wort didn' t help OCD.
This product is Naturally Gluten Free.
Take one softgel daily for the first week and then increase to two softgels daily.
Serving size 2 Softgels
|Amount per 2 Softgels || || % Daily Value
|St. John’s Wort (flower) extract (min. 2 mg hypericins)
|St. John’s Wort (flower) supercritical extract (min. 24 mg hyperforin)
• Daily value not established
Other ingredients: Olive oil-extra virgin, soy lecithin, and yellow beeswax.
Capsule: Gelatin, vegetable glycerine, water, and carob.