North American Herb & Spice Yac-O-Power 100% Pure Yacon Syrup
Don't confuse Yac-o-Power with your barbeque sauce or enchilada sauce. Yac-o-Power by North American Herb and Spice is the most concentrated 100% pure natural mountain-grown Peruvian yacon root syrup available.
- 33:1 concentrate and is extremely powerful
- Sweet Tasting
- Doesn't raise blood sugar levels
- A natural source of antioxidants and fiber
- Zero Glycemic Index
- Safe for diabetics
- 100% Pure - Raw & Natural
The Yacon Syrup Weight Loss Project
- 29 (73%) of the women lost weight
- 14 women lost five pounds or more
- Average weight loss was 2.9 pounds
- Average reduction in waist size was 1.9 inches
- Total weight lost among all the women was 153 pounds
- 27 (68%) recommended yacon as a weight loss tool
Looking for a great recipe to use your Yacon in? Click here to see some of our most popular recipes, including the very popular caramel corn recipe!
For use as a natural sweetener. Add 1/2 tsp. or more to tea or smoothies before meals. The ideal healthy sweetener. Safe for diabetics.
Ingredients & Nutritional Information
Serving Size: ½ tsp. Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving:
Proprietary Blend: - Yacon root concentrate from 100% Peruvian yacon
Where is this Yacon Root Syrup from?
This is 100% from Peru
Does it Taste Good?
Dr. Oz stated on his show that it tastes like molasses.
Is this an alternative to Sugar?
This syrup has 1/2 the calories as sugar. Plus it's just as sweet!
What is the best way to use it?
People use it in all different ways. For baking, in their smoothies, topping on desserts and salads. Some people even use it in their tea and coffee.
What is the Glycemic Index?
This syrup and a zero glycemic index, so it will not spike blood sugar levels.
Is this the actual product seen on the show?
Dr. Oz did not recommend a specific brand, just certain specifics about the product. The one we sell matches all the recommendations he gave on the product.
Are they any side effects?
No major side effects were reported, but from the studies we have looked at, some people did experience gas and/or diarrhea. This only happened in a very small number of people though.
Questions on North American Herb & Spice Yac-O-Power Yacon Syrup 5 Oz
- From Pam Kenny at 11/4/13 11:27 AM
- Is this the same yacon syrup talked about on the Dr. Oz Show today?
- While Dr. Oz did not mention a brand, he recommended a product that was 100% natural and pure. This is that same product. We have sold this company's products for years and stand behind them.
- From Amy76 at 11/4/13 11:27 AM
- Is this all natural and pure? I don't want a blended syrup.
- Yes, this is 100% all natural and pure. This company has been selling this product for years. It comes from Peru.
- From BigFinny at 11/4/13 11:28 AM
- What does it taste like? Maple syrup? Does it have a taste?
- According to Dr. Oz, it tastes like molasses, which is pretty sweet. Definitely can be used as a sugar substitute.
- From Patty Cake at 11/5/13 9:16 AM
- Can post menopausal women use this?
- Yes post menopausal women may take yacon syrup.
- From Ray 1967 at 11/5/13 9:17 AM
- Is this available in a powder form?
- Yacon Root Powder is available in bulk, but it's not what was recommended. Not sure about the taste either. We would recommend sticking with the syrup.
- From TommyBoy at 11/7/13 1:48 PM
- What is yacon syrup glycemic index?
- The glycemic index is zero for this syrup.
- From RN at 11/25/13 12:48 PM
- What are the nutritional values of this product?
- Hi, This is the only information they give for the Yacon Syrup.