Dr Oz 5 HTP Serotonin & Appetite Connection
Dr Oz along with Dr. Tasneem Bhatia spoke on a recent episode of the Dr Oz show about how boosting serotonin levels naturally with a product like 5 HTP can have an impressive effect on the control of appetite and cravings!
Whether you are overweight, depressed or an emotional eater Dr. Tasneem Bhatia has had success with her patients suffering from issues such as these. Dr Oz & Dr Bhatia shared how that 5 HTP when it reaches the brain can enter and be converted into serotonin. Serotonin is linked to enhanced mood & the theory is that if we have adequate levels of serotonin our Mind & Gut(contains neurotransmitters too) will not be so quick to signal ghrelin the hunger hormone. See when we eat food our bodies produce serotonin (especially in emotional eaters) its natures way of encouraging us to eat. Eat Food=Feel Good.
But what if we don’t necessarily need to eat?
This is where Serotonin & 5 HTP can have amazing results! By simply supplementing with 5 HTP you can kind of trick your body; by increasing levels of serotonin your body won’t send those hunger/craving signals and you can go longer without eating while increasing your mood!
Now that’s a Win Win!
5 HTP Side Effects / Benefits
- Improve Mood & Feelings of well being
- Increase Quality of Sleep,
- Sleepiness – if this happens you may want to scale back on the dose a little bit
- Nausea or abdominal pain
- Take an SSRI or MAOI-Consult with a Dr if you take one of these.
5 HTP Buying Guidelines
- Be sure it is Pure 5-HTP or Griffonia Simplicifolia
- Look for No binders, fillers, or additives
- Consult with your physician, especially if you are taking an SSRI or MAOI medication
Dr Oz 5 HTP Dosage
- Take 50 MG, three times per day
- Take about 20-30 minutes before meals
- Give it time, can take up to 3 months to feel hunger effects
Where to Buy?