Welcome, United States Customer!
Choose your location and preferred currency for a localized shopping experience.
New Chapter Mood Take Care 30 Softgels
Mood Take Care®
- Modulates serotonin levels
- Promotes balanced brain chemistry to support positive emotional health
- Potency Assured™ for hyperforins and hypericins
Mood Take Care by New Chapter provides the finest available supercritical extract of St. John's Wort and is potency assured for hyperforin and hypericins.
Studies have shown that St. John's wort may reduce symptoms in people with mild-to-moderate but not severe (or major) depression.SJW seems to work as well as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a popular type of antidepressant that doctors often prescribe first to treat depression.
Additonal/Alternative uses for St. John's Wort
St. John's wort has also shown promise in treating the following conditions, a few of which are related to depression.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS): St. John's wort may help relieve physical and emotional symptoms of PMS in some women, including cramps, irritability, food cravings, and breast tenderness.
- Menopause: Two studies suggest that St. John's wort, combined with black cohosh, helps improve mood and anxiety during menopause.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD): Used alone, St. John's wort has improved mood in people with SAD, a type of depression that occurs during the winter months because of lack of sunlight. SAD is usually treated with light therapy, and there is some evidence that using St. John's wort together with phototherapy works even better.
- Eczema, wounds, minor burns, hemorrhoids: St. John's wort has antibacterial properties and may also help fight inflammation.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder, social phobia: A study found that taking St. John's wort 450 mg two times a day for 12 weeks improved OCD symptoms. But two other studies found that St. John' s wort didn' t help OCD.
This product is Naturally Gluten Free.
Take one softgel daily for the first week and then increase to two softgels daily.
|Amount per 2 Softgels|| ||% Daily Value|
|St. John’s Wort (flower) extract (min. 2 mg hypericins)||900 mg||•|
|St. John’s Wort (flower) supercritical extract (min. 24 mg hyperforin)||270 mg||•|
• Daily value not established
Other ingredients: Olive oil-extra virgin, soy lecithin, and yellow beeswax.
Capsule: Gelatin, vegetable glycerine, water, and carob.
- Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
Note: Note: In the event of a pricing error or fraud alert, we may refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. We will notify you of any cancellation. Also, because manufacturers continually change product specifications without notice. While we try our best to keep product descriptions up to date, they do not necessarily reflect the latest information available from the manufacturer. We are not responsible for incorrect or outdated product descriptions and/or images. It is your responsibility to know what products are legal or illegal in your country. FDA: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.