Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 1 Gallon
Nutiva use’s fresh certified-organic coconuts and the meat is carefully chopped, washed, and then dried. Then the meat is cold-pressed to make the delicious virgin coconut oil.
- Certified organic and non-GMO coconut oil
- Made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra
- Pure white like fresh coconut
- Tastes like fresh coconut
- Has a fresh coconut fragrance
- Promotes Proper Hair Growth
- Aids in moisturizing the skin and promoting skin health
- Promotes Heart Health
- Boosts the Immune System
- Coconut oil is very effective against a variety of infections due to its antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties
Solid at room temperature, melts at 76ºF. No refrigeration required.
Serving Size: 1 tbsp (14 g)
Servings per Container: 259
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories from Fat 130
Total Fat 14 g 22%
Saturated Fat 13 g 63%
Trans Fat 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbs 0 g 0%
Protein 0 g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
* Certified organic and non-GMO coconut oil
* Made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra
* Unfermented *
* Pure white like fresh coconut
* Tastes like fresh coconut
* Has a fresh coconut fragrance
* Made with our Fresh is Best ™ commitment - See more at: http://nutiva.com/products/coconut-oil-organic-benefits-nutiva/#sthash.XDZSOw98.dpuf
Warning Concerning California Residents:
This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or reproductive harm.
I have found coconut oil to be useful for many things. I personally keep a bit in the fridge to solidify, then scrape shavings into a chocolate casein pudding (eg. Bodynutrition Magic Pudding or ON Gold Standard Casein) to make a nice chocolate dessert with coconut chunks. The coconut oil adds good fats to the dessert and turns the chocolate protein into a nice chocolate-coconut combo (delicious!) I also use it with asian style dishes to fry in (adding it like I would butter to the pan), and as a key ingredient in many healthy protein recipes (like those on Derek Howe's blog). My mother also uses it as a skin moisturiser and tells me it works wonders for that. But I would only recommend such a large size if you are going to be using it for many reasons, as this size would last me years for the occasional pudding!